Fast-paced, industry-leading Software company is hiring an Assistant Controller for a key role within the Finance & Accounting team. This position will be responsible for managing a team of Accountants while reporting to the Vice President of Accounting, and serving as a valuable technical resource for the company on complex GAAP items. This is a great opportunity to join a successful and expanding global company with a top-notch suite of products and a strong leadership team.
Key responsibilities will include oversight of the General Ledger and month-end close process, and preparation of Financial Statements in accordance with GAAP. This individual will also oversee technical accounting issues (Purchase accounting, Consolidations, Lease accounting, Equity, etc.), and will work closely with external Auditors. Additional duties will include, but not be limited to: maintaining Internal Controls over Financial Reporting, working closely with the FP&A team on Budgetary and Forecast items, training and review of staff/senior Accountants, and assisting with Mergers and Acquisitions, including due diligence and the integration of new entities.
Candidates for the Assistant Controller role should possess the following criteria:
– Between 8-15 years of relevant professional experience and active CPA license
– Experience in public accounting (Audit) with a Big 4 or National firm;
– Significant experience within the Software industry (either in a corporate position, or through public accounting client base)
– Strong understanding and working knowledge of GAAP and the ability to research technical issues
– Proven ability to manage a team and serve as an effective trainer, motivator, delegator, and positive team leader
– A driven, career-oriented mindset with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
A very competitive compensation package, including strong base salary ($125-140K based on experience), lucrative annual bonus target, excellent benefits, 401K match, etc. will be offered to the chosen candidate. There is a great deal of growth potential, along with a high-level of exposure for this position. The company offers a dynamic work environment, a high-caliber team, and positive company culture, along with a track record of success and growth.
|April 1, 2019||Accounting & Finance||Permanent||Austin TX|