Corporate Accounting Manager
Established and highly-reputable company near Round Rock, Texas is seeking a driven Accounting Manager to join the team. This individual will manage a team of 5 staff, and will be responsible for hands-on oversight of the General Ledger, including monthly, quarterly, and year end close processes, while assisting the Controller with preparation of Financial Statements. This is an excellent opportunity for a sharp and motivated Accounting professional to join a fast-growing, stable private company with a track record of growth and success.
Specific Accounting Manager job duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide leadership within the Accounting group, including hiring, training, supervision & review, while serving as a mentor.
- Performing key accruals and complex journal entries, while reviewing the journal entries and account reconciliations of staff.
- Hands-on supervision of monthly accounting close and financial reporting processes.
- Assist in the implementation of new financial reporting tools and systems, including review of potential ERP conversion.
- Serve as key player in in the annual audit process, working closely with external audit firm.
- Assist with company’s adoption of new accounting standards, along with ongoing GAAP compliance.
- Provide analysis of key P&L metrics and balance sheet account fluctuations. Assist with other FP&A items, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Consolidation of multiple entities, including domestic and international subsidiaries. Assist Controller with integration of newly acquired entities.
Candidates for the Corporate Accounting Manager role should possess the following:
- Bachelor’s (or Master’s) Degree in Accounting required; At least five (5) years of relevant accounting experience; CPA preferred but not required.
- Experience utilizing a full-scale ERP accounting system such as Great Plains/MS Dynamics, Oracle, NetSuite, etc.; Previous ERP implementation/conversion experience is a plus.
- Strong understanding of GAAP, including technical items such as Leases and Revenue Recognition.
- At least two (2) years of supervisory/managerial experience, with proven ability to train, mentor, and develop staff; Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal).
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize within a fast-paced business environment; Able to work hands-on within the details while also serving as a strategic and creative problem solver.
The company will offer a competitive compensation package, including base salary, annual bonus target, and comprehensive benefits & insurance policy, including strong Health/Life/Dental/Vision policy, 401K matching, Paid-Time Off, and other perks of employment.
|December 4, 2018||Accounting & Finance||Permanent||Round Rock TX|