Director of Accounting & Finance
Established and growing Real Estate Investment firm based in Austin, TX is seeking a Director of Finance & Accounting to add to the team in a key leadership position. Candidates should have a strong background in accounting and financial reporting within the Real Estate industry, including corporate, fund-level, and property accounting. CPA is strongly preferred, along with previous Public Accounting experience – however, candidates with the relevant industry experience may be considered. This position will be responsible for the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Treasury management and Cash Flow monitoring and analysis
- Quarterly and annual GAAP financial reporting to Investors
- Planning and coordinating the annual fund audits with outside Auditors
- Financial analysis of property level operating results, along with oversight of Property Accounting function
- Coordinating with Acquisition team to onboard newly acquired assets
- Review of fund governing documents, subscription documents, side letters and investment management agreements to ensure proper accounting application
- Preparation and distribution capital calls and distributions to partners
- Planning and coordinating the annual Tax return preparation for all entities with outside CPA firm
- Fund performance reporting and other ad-hoc Investor reporting
- Management of a small but growing team of Accounting staff
Qualified candidates should possess at least seven (7) years of professional experience, along with a Bachelor’s degree or higher. CPA is highly preferred, in addition to previous experience within public accounting. A background in the Real Estate industry (RE Investment, REIT, Development, Commercial Property Mgmt.) is necessary, along with proven experience in Investor Reporting, accounting for Fair Value, Lender compliance, and working with Auditors. Candidates should also have strong managerial skills and possess the ability to serve as a leader and strategic business partner during the growth of the company.
The company will offer a competitive compensation package, including base salary, annual bonus, financial participation in fund liquidations (profit sharing), in addition to strong benefits, 401K matching, etc. Relocation assistance may be offered to the chosen candidate, if needed.
|August 22, 2018||Accounting & Finance||Permanent||Austin TX|