Family Office Bookkeeper
We are seeking an experienced Bookkeeper for the Austin-based family office of a high-net worth individual. This individual will handle accounting and business-related tasks for multiple small businesses of the CEO and family. This highly confidential role will report to the family office CFO, and will work independently, while focusing primarily on bookkeeping for numerous private entities, along with family finances.
This is a permanent, part-time Bookkeeper job that will include 20-25 hours per week, with a somewhat flexible daily schedule. The majority of the work will be performed in the family office located in central Austin; however, there may be some remote work opportunities upon occasion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working confidentially on a variety of bookkeeping and business-related administrative tasks.
- Oversight and reconciliation of bank statements and accounts.
- Maintain vendor relationships and process all vendor payables.
- Preparing and reviewing accounting entries and reconciliations by analyzing general ledger account information, utilizing QuickBooks.
- Oversight and reconciliation of numerous investment accounts.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and review with other interested parties.
- Maintain historical records by filing physical copies and e-documents.
- Preparing financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- The ability to apply full-cycle accounting and experience preparing journal entries, reconciling accounts and performing basic analytical scrutiny of various general ledger accounts.
- Understanding of accounts payable process workflow, from reviewing invoice documentation to coding and receiving department approval to recording and reconciling in accounting system.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with strong customer service mentality.
- Team player who is able to support others and serve as a backup to other roles, as needed.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or Bachelor’s degree with significant Accounting/Finance coursework is preferred, although not required.
- Four or more (4+) years’ experience as a Bookkeeper/Accountant.
- Previous experience working as a Bookkeeper for high net worth individuals or family is a plus.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks is necessary.
|July 11, 2018||Accounting & Finance||Permanent||Austin TX|