Industry-leading Software company in Austin is seeking a Revenue Manager to add to their growing team. Reporting to the Director of Revenue, this individual will be a key player in all issues related to Accounting, Reporting, & Analysis within the Revenue Cycle. Candidates should have at least 4 years of relevant experience, either from a Public Accounting or Industry Accounting standpoint, with significant exposure to the Software industry.
Working closely with the Director of Revenue, Corporate Controller, and external Auditors, the Revenue Manager will help oversee a small team while performing a critical hands-on role. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
– Assisting with the preparation of periodic internal financial reports related to revenue for C-level usage.
– Review of Sales agreements, customer orders, and other Revenue contracts to ensure proper recognition in accordance with GAAP.
– Perform monthly reconciliations of Revenue, Deferred Revenue, and A/R accounts.
– Work closely with external Auditors on technical GAAP reporting & compliance items related to the Revenue cycle.
– Actively participate in month-end and quarter-end close process.
– Perform re-allocations, BESP analysis, and create white papers citing guidance for complex deals.
– Interface effectively with key members of the Sales, Finance, Legal, & Operations teams.
CPA is preferred but not required, and candidates should have at least 4 years of relevant experience. Big 4 or Large National/Regional Audit experience is a major plus. Strong GAAP understanding related to Software Accounting and Revenue Recognition is necessary. The Revenue Manager should have good communication skills, a strong work ethic, and the desire to grow and develop professionally within a dynamic organization.
Compensation will be based on experience level, and relocation may be offered to an out-of-town candidate chosen for the job, if needed.
|August 3, 2018||Accounting & Finance||Permanent||Austin TX|