Established company in southwest Austin is seeking a motivated Accounting Manager to join the team. This is a great opportunity to join a medium-sized Financial Services firm with a track-record of success, in a key position. The company offers very good work-life balance, flexible hours, competitive benefits, and many other perks of employment.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for hands-on oversight of the monthly and quarterly Accounting & Financial Reporting process for the organization, while reporting to the Controller and serving as a team leader to staff Accountants. Specific duties will include, but not be limited to:
– Hands-on coordination and review of month-end accounting close process
– Assisting the Controller in preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP
– Training, mentoring, and reviewing the work of a small team of Staff Accountants
– Developing, implementing, and ensuring compliance with internal controls and accounting policies and procedures
– Key participant in completion of external audits through coordination with 3rd party audit firm
– Playing a key role in process improvements, system upgrades, and enhancement of internal controls related to Accounting and Financial Reporting.
Qualified candidates should have between 5-10 years of relevant professional experience. Bachelor’s degree is required, and CPA is highly preferred. Previous auditing background within public accounting is also highly desirable, along with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
|June 9, 2019||Accounting & Finance||Permanent||Austin TX|