Established Non-Profit organization based in Austin, TX is seeking an Controller for a key position. This individual will serve as a hands-on leader for the company’s Accounting and Financial Reporting function, and will manage a small team while reporting to the Executive Vice President.
Job duties will include, although not be limited to:
– Hands-on oversight of the general ledger within Quickbooks, including account reconciliations, journal entries, and monthly-close processes
– Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual Financial Statements in accordance with GAAP and FASB standards
– Oversight of day-to-day accounting duties such as A/P, A/R, receipts from Revenue streams, and Banking / Cash management
Payroll administration for 25-30 employees utilizing ADP
– Serving as a key player during the annual Budgeting process, while monitoring expenses and performing Budget-to-Actual analysis on an ongoing basis
– Working closely with Executives, while managing two Staff members and taking on progressive leadership responsibilities
– Additional duties such as accounting for Grants, working closely with external CPA firm on Tax and Audit issues, and enhancing Internal Controls, among other items.
To be considered, candidates should possess the following qualifications:
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or related field with sufficient Accounting coursework)
– Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is required
– At least five (5+) years of total experience in Accounting
– At least two (2+) years of Not-for-Profit accounting experience, with proven understanding of relevant Not-for-Profit accounting items such as Grants, Donations, Expense management, Audit and Tax requirements
– Strong communication, interpersonal, and team leadership skills are necessary
– Previous experience utilizing Quickbooks and ADP Payroll is desirable, although not a requirement
The company will provide a competitive compensation package, along with strong benefits, 401K matching, generous PTO and work-life balance, a Hybrid / partially-remote work environment, along with many other perks of employment.
|July 6, 2022||Accounting & Finance||Permanent||Austin TX|