Expanding, Austin-based Technology company with a track record of growth and success is seeking a Director of Accounting for a key leadership role within the company. This is a great opportunity to join an established, well-funded company in a high-exposure position with the ability to make a lasting positive impact. Reporting to the CFO, the Director of Accounting will serve as a hands-on leader to a medium-sized Accounting team, and be responsible for a wide variety of duties, including but not limited to:
– Leading the monthly close process and preparation of financial statements for review by Board of Directors and PE firm, along with banks and auditors.
– Hands-on oversight of all general ledger items, including review of account reconciliations, journal entries, accruals, adjustments and closing entries.
– Serving as the subject-matter-expert on accounting issues such as corporate consolidations, international accounting, revenue, and other technical GAAP items.
– Creating and enhancing Internal Controls around financial reporting, while spearheading process improvement initiatives.
– Managing the Billing & Invoicing function in a hands-on capacity, and identifying areas for improvement within the Revenue cycle while applying ASC 606 standards.
– Oversight of A/P, A/R, Cash management, Fixed Assets, and outsourced Payroll.
– Serving as a key point of contact for Private Equity firm, external Auditors and Tax firm, Bankers, and other vendors, while becoming a trusted business partner to management throughout the company.
– Additional duties will include leading integrations of newly-acquired entities, assisting with Financial Analysis, Budgeting, and Cash Forecasting, and team leadership.
Qualified candidates should have ten (10) or more years of relevant experience, including a management-level background within a mid-sized (or larger) Technology company. CPA is required, and previous public accounting experience (Big 4 or national firm) is desirable. The ideal candidate will have a proven background in creating structure, improving processes, and effectively leading staff. Previous experience with an ERP system such as Netsuite, Oracle, or Intacct is preferred, along with strong GAAP knowledge, including ASC 606 proficiency. This individual should possess outstanding communication, interpersonal, and managerial skills, with the ability to positively interface with Executives, Investors, and other business partners
A competitive compensation package including base salary, annual bonus target, and strong Benefits/Insurance, 401K matching, etc. will be offered to the chosen candidate.
|March 6, 2020||Accounting & Finance||Permanent||Austin TX|