Director of Fund Accounting
We have partnered with an expanding Real Estate Investment firm in their search for a Director of Fund Accounting. This is a newly-created position due to the ongoing growth of a reputable, established firm with a track record of success. Reporting to the VP of Accounting, this individual will oversee the accounting and financial reporting for private Real Estate funds and related entities, while leading a small team.
Specific job duties will include, although not be limited to:
– Accurately consolidating fund entities through analysis of complex ownership structures, and applying relevant accounting and financial reporting technical standards.
– Managing full-cycle accounting, including preparation and analysis of GAAP-based financial statements, general ledgers, subsidiary ledgers, budgets, and cash-flow projections.
– Preparation and review of Fund-level debt compliance reporting packages.
– Oversight of capital contribution and distributions, both at the fund level and in joint venture / co-investment structures.
– Communicating effectively with fund Investors on an as-needed basis.
– Coordination with the external audit firm with respect to the preparation and issuance of annual audited financial statements and tax filings.
– Management of special projects on an on-going basis, while balancing recurring responsibilities.
– Serving as an effective manager and leader of staff, including hiring, training, development and mentorship.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications and experience:
– Bachelor’s (or Master’s) degree in Accounting
– At least seven (7) years of relevant Accounting experience
– Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is highly preferred
– Previous experience in public accounting (Big 4 or National firm) is desirable
– Working knowledge of Fund Accounting within the Real Estate sector is needed (either from public accounting or industry exposure)
– Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), with the ability to perform technical research and apply findings
– Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, along with proven team-leadership abilities
The firm will provide a strong compensation including base salary + annual bonus, competitive benefits package, and plenty of career growth opportunity within a dynamic business and high-caliber team environment, to the chosen candidate.
|July 15, 2021||Accounting & Finance||Permanent||Austin TX|