Director of Revenue Accounting
We have partnered with a fast-paced, global Software company in north Austin in their search for a Director of Revenue Accounting. This individual will oversee a team of staff, while serving as both an operational and technical accounting leader regarding all issues within the Order-to-Cash revenue cycle. This position will maintain a high-level of exposure within the Finance group, working closely with the CFO, Corporate Controller, and other Executives to accurately report, forecast, and analyze the company’s complex revenue streams.
Candidates should have at least eight (8) years of relevant experience, with significant exposure to the Software industry, including a managerial background within an Order-to-Cash revenue accounting environment. The Director of Revenue Accounting will be responsible for the following duties:
– Hands-on leadership of the order-to-cash revenue cycle, including Billing oversight, technical accounting, financial reporting, and team utilization of Intacct and Salesforce
– Preparation of periodic internal financial reports related to Revenue, for C-level usage.
– Review of Sales agreements, customer orders, and other Revenue contracts to ensure proper recognition in accordance with GAAP.
– Oversight/review of monthly reconciliations of Revenue, Deferred Revenue, and related accounts.
– Working closely with external Auditors on technical GAAP reporting items, including ASC 606.
– Serving as a leader during month-end and quarter-end close process.
– Interface effectively with key members of the Sales, Finance, Legal, & Operations teams.
– Managing a team of several staff, including multiple direct reports.
CPA is preferred but not required, and candidates should have 8+ years of relevant experience, along with 3+ years in a team leadership role. Strong understanding of ASC 606 is necessary, along with proven experience utilizing an ERP system such as Intacct, NetSuite etc., in addition to Salesforce. This individual should have outstanding communication skills, a dedicated work ethic, and the desire to grow professionally within a dynamic organization.
Compensation will include a competitive base salary (depending on experience level), plus annual bonus target, and strong benefits, 401K, PTO, etc. Relocation assistance may be provided to the chosen candidate, if necessary.
|June 6, 2019||Accounting & Finance||Permanent||Austin TX|