Expanding Commercial Real Estate firm based in Austin, TX is seeking a Property Controller for a key leadership role within the company. Reporting to the CFO, this individual will oversee a team of Property Accountants, while handling a broad variety of Finance & Accounting duties. Candidates should have a proven background in accounting and financial reporting within the Commercial Real Estate sector. This is a great opportunity to join an established, reputable company in an integral position with a high-level of exposure and ability to make a positive impact.
The Property Controller will be responsible for the following duties, including but not limited to:
– Management of the month-end, quarterly, and annual close processes.
– Hands-on oversight of full-cycle Property Accounting for numerous commercial properties including office, industrial, and mixed-use developments
– Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual GAAP-based financial statements to Investors
– Leading all aspects of accounting operations, including management of a growing team
– Hiring, training, development, and mentorship to a team of several Property Accountants.
– Creating and implementing process improvements, internal controls, and enhancing the related documentation and accountabilities of team members
– Performing financial analysis of operating results, along with review and development of best in class industry accounting practices
– Planning and coordinating the annual external audit.
– Serving as a key member of the company leadership team while working closely with other Executives on big picture, strategic initiatives.
Qualified candidates should possess at least ten (10) years of professional experience, along with a Bachelor’s degree or higher. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is required. A background in the commercial Real Estate industry is needed, along with expertise in Property Accounting for commercial properties. Candidates should have strong managerial skills and possess the ability to serve as a hands-on leader and strategic business partner throughout the company.
Compensation will include very competitive base salary, annual bonus target, along with a comprehensive benefits package. Relocation assistance may be offered to the chosen candidate.
|September 2, 2021||Accounting & Finance||Permanent||Austin TX|