Revenue Accounting Manager
We have partnered with an industry-leading, dynamic Software company in Austin in their search for a Revenue Accounting Manager. Reporting to the Director of Revenue, this individual will be a key player in all issues related to Accounting, Reporting, & Analysis within the SaaS Revenue Cycle. This position will allow for a high-degree of exposure to Senior Management and Executives within a global Technology company with a track-record of success. Candidates should have at least 4 years of relevant experience, either from a Public Accounting or Corporate accounting perspective, with significant exposure to the Software industry, specifically related to ASC 606 Revenue Recognition.
Working closely with the Director of Revenue, Corporate Controller, the CFO, and Sales Leadership, this person will help oversee a small team of Revenue Accountants, while performing a critical hands-on role. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
– Assisting with the preparation of periodic internal financial reports related to Revenue for C-level usage.
– Review of Sales agreements, customer orders, and other Revenue contracts to ensure proper recognition in accordance with GAAP.
– Perform and oversee monthly reconciliations of Revenue, Deferred Revenue, and A/R accounts.
– Work closely with external Auditors on technical GAAP reporting & compliance items related to the Revenue cycle, including ASC 606.
– Actively participate in month-end and quarter-end close process.
– Perform re-allocations, technical analysis, and create white papers citing guidance for complex deals.
– Interface effectively with key members of the Sales, Finance, Legal, & Operations teams.
CPA is preferred but not required, and candidates should have at least 4 years of relevant experience. Big 4 or Large National/Regional Audit experience is a major plus. Strong GAAP understanding related to ASC 606 for SaaS companies is necessary. This individual should have good communication skills, a strong work ethic, and the desire to grow and develop professionally within a dynamic organization.
Compensation will include a competitive base salary ($100-115K depending on experience), annual bonus target, and excellent benefits, 401K, PTO, etc. This is an excellent career growth opportunity for the chosen candidate. Relocation assistance may be offered, if needed.
|September 26, 2019||Accounting & Finance||Permanent||Austin TX|