Tax & Treasury Accountant
Privately-held, fast-paced Software company in south Austin is seeking a Tax Accountant with between 2-5 years of experience to add to the team for a key position focused on Tax, Treasury/Cash management, and Debt reporting. This is a great opportunity for a career-motivated Accounting professional to build their experience within a dynamic and growing company.
Job responsibilities will include:
– Preparing general ledger journal entries, substantiating financial transactions, reconciling accounts, and investigating discrepancies
– Hands-on oversight of Sales and Sales/Use tax payments and related filings, including multiple States and Local jurisdictions.
– Filing annual property Tax reports for all local governments, and coordinating with external tax provider on US annual 1099 reporting requirement
– Assisting with determining payroll tax liabilities and resolving payroll tax discrepancies, as well as preparing monthly tax statements, quarterly tax filings, and annual workers comp audits.
– Overseeing bank accounts and preparing cash reporting on a regular basis
– Assisting with weekly and monthly Cash Flow forecasting.
– Providing support to Accounting Manager for debt covenant compliance and reporting.
Education and Experience Requirements:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field (with significant Accounting coursework)
– Between two (2) and five (5) years of Accounting experience
– Previous experience with Sales taxes and other tax-related matters, either from public accounting or an industry role.
– Advanced Proficiency in MS Office Suite (especially MS Excel) required
– High-level of attention to detail and accuracy.
– Desire to succeed and build skill-set along with career path.
– Team player mentality, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The company will offer competitive starting salary ($66-74K based on experience), annual bonus potential, and excellent benefits package to the chosen candidate.
|August 7, 2019||Accounting & Finance||Permanent||Austin TX|