Technical Accounting Manager / Director
We have partnered with an industry-leading Austin-based company in the search for a Technical Accounting Manager (or Director). Reporting to the VP of Accounting while working closely with the SEC Reporting team and many other areas of the company, this individual will serve as a hands-on, “go-to” subject matter expert for all technical accounting matters within the organization. The ideal candidate will have prior experience within a Big 4 or National public accounting firm, including broad exposure to various GAAP-related issues, along with 5-to-10 years of total experience. This is an excellent opportunity to join a stable, industry leading company in a high-visibility growth position. A Director-level title may be considered for candidates with appropriate experience and qualifications.
Specific job duties will include, but not be limited to:
– Performing research on a wide variety of accounting, financial reporting, and other industry-specific items
– Preparing technical memos to document company accounting positions and advise on treatment related to specific transactions
– Monitoring and analyzing new accounting pronouncements, and briefing executive management on the anticipated effect on company financial statements
– Implementing or enhancing policies and procedures related to accounting and financial reporting in order to conform to new accounting guidance
– Working closely with external Big 4 auditor teams to document and explain accounting positions, while soliciting their input as needed
– Assisting with preparation of SEC reporting disclosures related to new accounting pronouncements and company transactions within 10-K and 10-Q filings
– Providing training to accounting staff, along with other involved departments within the company, on relevant technical accounting issues
Qualified candidates should have five (5) or more years of relevant professional experience, including a background as a financial statement Auditor within public accounting (Big Four or National firm). Proven experience researching, documenting, and implementing accounting and financial reporting standards and new pronouncements is needed, along with a strong overall understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). CPA is preferred, although active CPA candidates may be considered. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary, in addition to the ability to work independently, as well as part of a structured team.
The company will offer a competitive overall compensation package, which will include base salary (dependent upon experience level), annual bonus target, plus annual Stock Compensation to the chosen candidate. Additional benefits include positive work-life balance (with flexible hours), great company culture, a high-caliber team environment, and opportunities for professional development and advancement.
|June 8, 2019||Accounting & Finance||Permanent||Austin TX|