VP / Controller
We have partnered with an expanding, well-funded Technology company in its search for a Corporate Controller. This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated Accounting leader to join a pre-IPO Technology company with a track record of success and growth in a key position.
Reporting to the CFO while managing an Accounting team of several staff, the Corporate Controller will be responsible for a wide variety of duties, including but not limited to:
– Oversight of month-end close, along with hands-on preparation of GAAP-based financial statements
– Accounting process improvements, enhancement of Internal Controls, and SOX readiness
Cash management, along with oversight of A/P, A/R & Collections
– Working closely with external Auditors and Tax firm
– Serving as an SME for technical accounting issues such as SaaS Revenue Recognition, Leases, Foreign Currency, etc.
– Acquisition due diligence and leading the integration of newly-acquired entities
– Preparation of financial reports to be presented to Investors and Board of Directors
– Leading the selection and implementation of a new ERP system
– Effectively managing, training, reviewing, and mentoring Accounting team members
The company is seeking someone who can effectively serve as a key business partner throughout the company, working closely with Executives, Finance, Operations, IT, Sales, along with external partners such as Bankers and Auditors, in addition to the Private Equity investor group. This individual should possess strong leadership skills and team-building capabilities, and also have significant experience within a fast-growing business environment.
Qualified candidates should have at least 10 or more years of relevant experience, including a proven managerial-level background within a fast-paced “growth company”. CPA license is required. Software industry experience is highly desirable, with an understanding of technical GAAP and financial reporting items. A background in public accounting (Audit) is a major plus, although candidates should also possess corporate accounting experience in a managerial role. Outstanding communication, leadership, and presentation skills are required, along with a demonstrated ability with items such as M&A integrations, ERP implementations, and process improvements.
Competitive compensation package will include Base Salary, annual Bonus target, and Equity shares (Stock Options), along with comprehensive benefits. Discretionary relocation assistance may be provided to the chosen candidate, if needed.
|June 25, 2022||Accounting & Finance||Permanent||Austin TX|